This month our after school event was an open gym and the students loved it! We had a lot of special education students attend, as well as students throughout the building who stopped in for a little bit.
Our more athletic students enjoyed playing games just as basketball, football, etc. They pretty much just grabbed a ball and went for it.
Activities for our more un-athletic students (and myself) included:
- ladder golf
- scooter boards (great for those in wheelchairs too. we snapped a bunch together and had a student lay on top of them and slid her around!)
- parachute games (seriously, you can never be too old for some parachute fun!)
- horseshoes (they were foam)
- foam noodles
- music for dancing (turned to a "today's hits" station)
- watching the boys warm up for their water polo game...haha! We were above the pool and could see through the glass window. Some girls seemed to really enjoy this activity...